Wednesday, September 8, 2010

and so it grew

the thought popped into my mind today, like a little plant that's been working and working beneath the surface and finally peeps its bright breen head out of the soil. it was a nice kind of thought, a smiley thought, a rosy thought, a bright and sunny thought.
and so it grew.
i thought that thought and thought and thought and soon that thought had roots and limbs. i didn't try to think the thought, it just sort of... thought itself. and as i kept on thinking thoughts the trunk got thick and the leaves got green and soon i had a tree of thought that branched out into everything.
and still it grows.
i can feel the roots of that once-little plant reaching, reaching, streeeeetching down my spinal cord from my brain to my heart. the roots coil and twist and then thicken and lodge in the capillary valves and the blood-red walls and the love-locked chambers. and soon i am the thought and the thought is me and and the thought is my actions and my words and my love and the thought is myself and i just can't stop thinking that one little thought which seemed harmless to me...
it never stops.

i need to be careful when planting a thought.
because once it is grown, it is hard to uproot.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    i like this a lot. :)

    you have a gift of explaining things like this in a very poetic and very clear sort of way, in the sort of way that they're not just words anymore but a feeling.
    good job.

    ReplyDelete