Thursday, May 27, 2010

i miss you

you know, you're not anywhere, but you're everywhere.
you're not at your locker at the end of the hall. i can't whack you with my water bottle on my way to mr. notidis's room. but the locker still sits there - empty - mocking me when i glance at it hopefully - pathetically - as i walk by to class.
you're not in the hallway on my way to the gym, always seeming to walk faster when you're behind me and slower when you're ahead. i can't wait for you at the gymnasium doors anymore. but the hallway is still there, whispering in my ear that it feels emptier than usual.
you're not on the playing field. you're not in the cafeteria. you're not in a classroom. you're not at school. but i look for you anyway, and, even though you're not there, i see you everywhere.
i just don't see you.

look, you can't just leave me here.

you promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment