Saturday, April 3, 2010

grief

driving slowly -
all right, not so slowly -
out to village street
wave to the twins
playing basketball in their driveway
they wave back
but i don't think
they know
me

clutch, brake, blinker
look, clutch, gas
thinking
about the
muted yellow
bundle
in the passenger seat
the green-sweatshirted
someone
in the whitish-grey house

sun through the windows
wind in my face
i can't stop smiling
coming up on cottage street
hey!
i want to show...

oh.



right.

my grammy will never see my prom dress.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry my sweet girl...think of all that you were able to share with her...I bet grampa would love it if you showed him, and maybe if you told him you were sad she couldn't see it. He would understand. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Didn't see that ending coming. It made my heart hurt.

    ReplyDelete