Monday, December 14, 2009

Dear Grammy,
I love you. I love your cookies. I love your house. You never wear socks.
Love, Emma

Dear Grammy,
I love you. Grampa loves you. Daddy loves you. Mommy loves you. I bet even baby Simon loves you. He knows who you are.
Love, Emma

Dear Grammy,
I love you. You had soft hands. Why did you have to go away?
Love, Emma

Dear Grammy,
I love you. I miss you. Who will tell me where the ornaments should go on the Christmas tree? Who will float around on noodles in the swimming pool? Who will make macaroni and cheese for Carly when she comes home from school? I can’t do it. Not as good as you.
Love, Emma

Dear Grammy,
I love you. Know what? Maybe I can make macaroni and cheese. Maybe I can even make sour cream twists. Or salmon loaf. Maybe I can learn to cook. You would want that. I’ll bake those sugar cookies you wanted for Christmas. And I’ll still run to your house and visit Grampa.
I want to be just like you, you know.
Love, Emma

Dear Grammy,
I love you. Is it good for me to cry?
Love, Emma


Dear Grammy,

Can you hear me?

I love you.

2 comments:

  1. i started tearing up when i read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are tears running down my cheeks right now. i love you.

    ReplyDelete