Saturday, August 22, 2009

A tribute to Youth Camp - a drabble of 100 words











One hundred and three campers rise from their seats, like a wave.

It breaks.

Mouths open; hearts sing. The Spirit moves, God speaks. Joy erupts, passion builds, hands rise, tears fall…

A voice. A doubt. Is this for real?

My heart laughs in ecstasy: Satan, you have lost! Sin’s fleeting pleasure cannot compare with THIS joy, THIS love, THIS Savior! Come, doubt! Come, temptation! My Lord will have victory! My Savior is my all!

My spirit soars. My soul shouts, Rejoice!

Another voice.

THE STEADFAST LOVE OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER. DEAR CHILD, REMEMBER.

I laugh. I cry. I dance.

2 comments:

  1. This captures what you were talking about really well. God is so faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Pretty sure this describes one of my favorite things about Youth Camp.

    ReplyDelete